Summertime is here and the seafood is fresh! This week Vic brings us his latest and greatest recipe using delicious lobster with an Italian twist.
- 2 fresh 1 ½ pound Maine lobsters
- 4 cloves peeled garlic (crushed)
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 33 ounce can San Marzano DOP tomato (cored and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 ounce chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lay each lobster on its back and with a sharp chef’s knife cut right down the center of the lobster from head to tail, splitting the lobster in two. Cut the head and tentacles off of each half, then with your hands twist off the claws, you may need to use a knife.
- Clean the body of lobster out and then cut each half into 4 to 5 pieces depending on the size of the lobster. Cut the arm of the claw off and split the arm down the middle with a knife. Now cut the split arms into three pieces each. Crack both claws with a lobster cracker or crack with a large chefs knife. The lobster is now ready for the sauce. (Note: I love the flavor the shells give to this pasta dish so I leave the lobster in the shells, if you want to use just lobster meat simply take all of the meat out of the shells and discard shells.)
- In a 14 inch sauté pan at medium heat add 3 ounces of olive oil and crushed garlic. Sauté the garlic until it gets golden brown, now add the lobster pieces, and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomato, ½ of the parsley, salt, freshly ground pepper and chili flakes to taste. Drop the spaghetti into the pot of boiling water follow instructions on page 1. Cook at medium heat for approximately 10 minutes (sauce should boil for 4-5 minutes).
- Drain the spaghetti in a colander, and add it to the sauce. Toss spaghetti and sauce over medium heat until the spaghetti is covered with the sauce. Using tongs put a portion of spaghetti into each bowl, then ladle the remaining sauce and lobster on the top of each serving. Finish each dish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil and serve immediately.