Our latest recipe uses just a few quality ingredients, but is guaranteed to please. Simple, fresh, and authentically Italian!
- 1 pound of linguine
- 5 dozen cockle clams or littleneck clams cleaned and scrubbed
- 8 cloves of peeled garlic crushed
- 4 ounces clam juice
- 6 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 12 leaves of Italian Parsley (no stems)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a 14 – 16 inch sauté pan add 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil, half of the chili flakes and the eight cloves of crushed garlic.
- Sauté the garlic until it just starts to turn golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the clams and 2 ounces of clam juice (save the remainder of the juice to use if the juice evaporates before the clams open), add the parsley into the clam mixture then continue to sauté over medium heat until the clams open about 6-8 minutes.
- Add black pepper and remaining chili flakes to taste.
- When spaghetti is done (follow cooking instructions on the package), drain the spaghetti and add to the sauté pan, using approximately 4-6 ounces of pasta water as you integrate linguine and clam sauce.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve in a flat bowl placing the linguine on the bottom of each bowl, spoon clams, garlic, and parsley on top of each bowl. Drizzle each dish with remaining olive oil.