- 1 lb ground beef (prime)
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb ground veal
- 1lb day old Italian bread soaked and water till soft and drained
- 8 ounces grated Reggiano Parmigiano
- 2 ounces chopped Italian parsley
- 2 eggs beat in a bowl
- 3 ounces chopped garlic sautÃ©ed until light brown in extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl mix the veal, beef and pork until thoroughly integrated, (use your hands with rubber gloves, do not mix with a machine of any type). Add garlic, eggs, Reggiano Parmigiano, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Now here is the secret fold in the bread by hand nice and easy. This makes the meatballs floaters not sinkers!!!
- Form mixture into 2 -2½-ounce balls, and layout on a greased sheet pan.
- In a 12-inch sautÃ© pan heated to medium add 6 ounces of extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot fry each meatball until golden brown. You will have to continually add olive oil as the meatballs absorb oil. Always make sure olive oil is hot before adding meatballs to the sautÃ© pan.
- When meatballs are golden brown on all sides cook for 1 hour in you favorite tomato sauce.